Many times we notice that our Windows XP operating system takes lot of time to boot. This happens because some applications like Anti-virus pgms , messenger pgms and downloaders etc start at the boot time only.
If we don’t want them to start at the boot time, here is a trick.
- Click on “START” button.
- Select option “RUN”.
- Inside text box type “MSCONFIG” and hit enter.
- Then you will see a window. In that select “START UP” tab.
- There you will see all the programs that will start at the boot time.
- To prevent them starting at boot time , uncheck the checkbox infront of them.
- Then click on “APPLY” and then on “OK”.
- It will ask for “RESTART”. You can do as per your wish. But the changes will take place after restart. Here you go………………..